13 Jan DİYARBAKIR ARTIST-IN-RESIDENCE PROGRAM
The Artist-in-Residence program in Diyarbakır was held between January 6th and 13th, 2020 in Mordem Art Center. Zeynep Günsür Yüceil was the conducting artist-in-residence of the program, while the participating artists selected through the open call were Fatih Gençkal, Nadir Sönmez and Serenay Oğuz. Diyarbakır based artists Bermal Ergün, Leyla Deveci, Mekiye Kızılkaya, Nurcihan Yılmaz, Özge Üçdağ, Semra Çeçen, Seren Akbalık, Sipan Matyar, Veysel Aslan, Mustafa Zeren and Savaş Işık contributed to the program as well.
The artists came together for a week in a workshop which consisted of different approaches in the field of contemporary performing arts. As a result of a week’s work, they organized an artist talk open to the audience, titled “Playground / Beyond – Near” on January 12th, at Mordem Art Center, around the following questions:
- What are main issues of performance in contemporary art?
- How can we produce information about ourselves through artistic production?
- What do the collaborative production dynamics in Diyarbakır show us?
- What are the main issues of our production practices?
- What do we discuss in art?
- What are our personal and general needs?
- Can meta theatre meet our current needs in practice?